CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 19, 2007

Remembering Art Buchwald

What can one say about the death of Art Buchwald? Thankfully, he has left us a legacy of writings.

Starting early in my childhood, there was several writers whose articles I always made it a point to read: Drew Pearson, Jack Anderson, and Art Buchwald. Art was a satirist and not as much the muck-raker as Pearson and Anderson - Art had a way of sticking-it-to-them that was gentler and far more humorous.

In fact, making sure that a local newspaper carried Art's column was always a factor whenever I moved somewhere!

Others can express so much more eloquently than I what Art Buchwald meant to this world he has now left, so I leave it to them:

The Washington Post's obit

Here's the International Herald Tribune's tribute

And be sure to catch "Art's Last Laugh" from the NY Times.

So long, Art, and thanks for all the laughs, and the insights.

Migdalor Guy

0 comments: